I suggest you ...

Better Audio Editing features - Maybe via implementing AUDACITY as an external editor ?

I think the Options on Audio editing are quite limited so far ... i once saw a DAW which was able to include external editors. I think here AUDACITY might come in handy, because as far as i know it is a Open source/freeware tool and almost ANYONE is using it.

122 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ElQuieto shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminJørgen Aase (Admin, energyXT) commented  · 

Please describe what kind audio edition features you would like included. It would be nice to have a list.

Automatic x-fade should be a separate request item.

• Mick West commented  · 

another out of date entry
        Jorgen why are you letting Ext die??

• Aaron Campbell commented  · 

Guys. Audacity is open source, is it not?? This means that, as long as they are compatible, Energy could theoretically simply have a bunch of Audacity features placed inside of it. There would probably be drawbacks to this, but it's an idea.

• gametzar commented  · 

audacity isn't working for me in 2.6???

• Anonymous commented  · 

i prefer internal xt editing within the program itself instead of using external editors

• Anonymous commented  · 

audacity is ok, i use sony sound forge 10 if your considering audio editors make it possible for all not just one specific editor.

• BjornE commented  · 

Better internal editing. Since XT is so very portable I don't want to be depending on other applications.
        External as an option.

• Isak Andersson commented  · 

Ardour would be a better choice than Audacity though!

• auwerk commented  · 

I'd like to see some _internal_ XT audio editing

• Robert Halvarsson commented  · 

Orion has support for an external editor, although not to the extend I would want. I would love to see this in Energy XT as well.

• Ja.x commented  · 

Audio editing, yes. Internal or external.

• Eyght commented  · 

an internal audio editor like in FL Studio and other DAW's would be nice, but i'd be satisfied with an "external audio editor" link in the menu.

• Jörg commented  · 

I hate Audacity. IMO it does not match energyXT usage philosophy. Please extend internal audio editing.

• markp commented  · 

a mix of simple functions in XT and possibility of external editor for heavy lifting would be the most flexible. In XT itself i'd like to see a 'save selection to new wav file' under the right click 'process' menu (to facilitate creation of samples and to trim unneeded sections out of long recordings) The new file would appear in the project's 'Audio pool'

• Former Pharaoh commented  · 

"I vote for external editors. No need to re-invent the wheel on this!"

There's no "re-inventing the wheel" if internal audio editing was implemented. It's standard with pro DAWs.

• geronimo commented  · 

EnergyXT2 really needs to have auto-crossfade function like almost every other DAW. Essential feature for audio editing (automatic crossfading between clips when they overlaps)!

• mightypea commented  · 

I vote for external editors. No need to re-invent the wheel on this!

• Former Pharaoh commented  · 

I hope the planned audio editing features will be included within XT. I like an all in one solution as opposed to having external anything.

• funkadil commented  · 

I'd love the ability to do destructive audio editing easily, or a quick, "bounce down to track" rendering mode.

• ElQuieto commented  · 

Yay! switched to "Planned" ...

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base