I suggest you ...

would be nice if Linux version works out the box

WORKING jack audio/midi support is essential for linux!
dssi and ladspa plugin support would be nice too - native linux vst is a good solution but it's not a standard on this platform and there are too few developers

132 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnansiAnansi shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

energyXT 3.0 for Windows runs great under LinuxMint 18 / Wine 2.0

• Be OKBe OK commented  · 

AvLinux has it working ! out of the box, great work GMaq.

• ankoanko commented  · 

the official jack libaam.so source will not even build on a modern 64bit distro (ubuntustudio).

without working built in jack support claiming energyxt supports linux is an exaggeration, simply supporting straight alsa doesn't cut it at all for real musical work on linux, it isolated enrgyxt from the rest of your proaudio setup and built in jack recording and playback is simply a must...

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Personally I don't care about VSTs, but I do care a lot about Jack support since my audio interface is a Firewire one that only works with Jack+ffado (no ALSA).

eXT could be the best DAW that runs on Linux if it had a good Jack support, but unfortunately it's still very incomplete and buggy (especially MIDI that just don't work with Jack in eXT) :(

If these problems get fixed, I'd be glad to buy a licence, but until that day I won't spend my money for a software that I can't even use.

That's too bad because I like eXT's GUI very much, and it's really light and fast, and it has all the features I need to compose and make arangements, unlike most other Linux DAWs ... so, it's very frustrating to ne being able to use it because of Jack incompatibility.

• Isak AnderssonIsak Andersson commented  · 

Not only that, it should fully support VST plugins on Linux.

Perhaps you could intergrate Wine in to it or something. Which doesn't make it fully compatible but it does open up alot of them!

Seriously, there should be some project to make VSTi cross platform

• EdEd commented  · 

I just did a personal analysis of Windows versus Linux for my home desktop, and energyXT was one of the apps that *forced* me to use Windows because when testing the Linux version it was full of the deficiencies outlined by others in this post.

Also, it would be nice if the Linux version could load Windows VST's for cross-platform compatibility of projects.

• siebenhundertzehnsiebenhundertzehn commented  · 

Well, it would at least be nice to have it working out of the box on the distro it is developed on, wouldn't it?

• AnansiAnansi commented  · 

it doesn't support jack, and the official jack libaam.so source is just crap - if there were no drumfix's libaam, using ext2 on linux is just pointless
        the default alsa libaam.so i screwed up and it doesn't work on many PROPERLY CONFIGURED systems on which all other audio apps work perfect. it's worth mentioning thatit doesn't even support audio recording.
        there is no midi out at all in any version of libaam.so
        ohh... i forgot... and gui response could be better too... don't u think?
        and u call it working out of the box?

PS. i'm trying to be positive about ext2 - especially the linux version - i use it all the time - i have my projects done and released but u just seem to live in some kind of a wonderland i'm not invited to ;)

PPS. and there are standards for linux - jack is a standard for audio linux, just like asio for windows - would u ever dare to release a windows audio app without asio support?

• funkadilfunkadil commented  · 

well, what exactly are you suggesting? Perhaps an "officially" supported distribution. That would be a fun project. Make sure it all works etc. with minimal setup. The linux version DOES work out of the box on a properly configured system, its just the standards are not there yet for linux distributions.

Feedback and Knowledge Base