I suggest you ...

CPU usage meter and limiter

... So that we can know how much power do we have at our disposal... multi core aware, please.

87 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kejkzzkejkzz shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mick WestMick West commented  · 

I don't understand why this is important - in Widows there is task manager which you can set up in the system tray to monitor cpu

• ArgiletonneArgiletonne commented  · 

Tracktion has this feature if you want to look there as an example.

• AudiojunkieAudiojunkie commented  · 

I agree. The program should have a CPU AND RAM meter. It wouldn't have to take up much space. Just a simple line that updates every 1-5 seconds that shows something like:

CPU 57% RAM Left: 1234 MB

• AudiojunkieAudiojunkie commented  · 

I agree that this is really important! I really like that this program offers the "Freeze" feature, and with a quality CPU usage meter, we can more carefully control the CPU availability within our projects. Also, we will be better assured that there won't be any surprise peaks showing up that we would have to try to track down and correct.

• PetterPetter commented  · 

An alternative would be to "render" the song and then get a list of how much of the CPU each of the VST's or FX are eating. Then we can decide what to sacrifice in order to add another synth or whatever. As I said - a general CPU meter tells us only so much.

• PetterPetter commented  · 

Even better would be if one would get an indication of how much each of the VSTi's and FX drained the computer's resources. Obviously, the CPU meter would stay in the reds at most times anyway (if we can afford to use a better reverb, then of course we will!).

• NASNAS commented  · 

Sorry to be harsh here but how the hell is this under review
        If a CPU meter isn't so standard in every DAW this is a joke
        This should of been there from beta 1
        Get a grip XT software just for a little while at least

NAS

Feedback and Knowledge Base