I suggest you ...

Better audio clips management: (rename in XT =rename in disk)+export to external wave editor

Find it hard to cleanup and manage audio recordings made in XT standalone. I'd like to be able to rename clips in XT song and have corresponding file in disk automatically updated to. Also, to be able to edit audio clips recorded or imported to XT, in external audio editor, directly from XT (limited audio processing in XT)

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    UMEU shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ed commented  · 

I agree with this, and also created a suggestion that is a simplification of this called "Allow broken samples to be relinked."

• robenestobenz commented  · 

Can we please also have it so that when files are missing on project load, it can search from a directory? Doing it one by one at the moment is maddening.

• ElQuieto commented  · 

Mine has switched top "Planned" :) ... so i'm better not going to delete it...

• xybre commented  · 

+1 to Mark's suggestion

• ElQuieto commented  · 

@umeu: I already aquired some additonal Followers, so is there a valid strategy on editing Posts or rederecting followers ? (except for COMMENT) ...

• UMEU commented  · 

@ElQuieto: yes, your suggestion "mixes" with mine. Essentially what i want is to edit audio recorded, rendered or imported to XT but outside XT (not enough audio editing tools). That's why i suggested some way of "bonding" files between XT and disk. That would allow me to edit a particular disk file in external editor, knowing what it corresponds to in my composition. This is what Mark Hudson says, too, i think.

• ElQuieto commented  · 

I suggested implementing a Connection with AUDACITY (or other extrernal editor) ... Maybe we should join requests ?

• Mark Hudson commented  · 

Also make the files naming better in the first place... NOT rec.wav, rec1.wav etc - use teh track name and add a take number.

Feedback and Knowledge Base